East Greenwich Basketball Association
2010-2011 House League Rules
1. All games will have two 20 minute half's.
2. All games will have "running time" throughout the game, except for the last 2 minutes of each half.
3. Each team will have 3 timeouts per game. They do carry-over.
4. Halftime is 4 minutes.
5. Overtime: One 3 minute overtime only (2 minutes running, 1 minute stopped) with no substitution restrictions. Games tied at the end of overtime will then go into a second overtime with sudden death (1st team scoring)
6. There is no "1 and 1" foul shooting. Teams will go directly to the double bonus following the opposing teams 10th foul.
7. The clock will stop on all "shooting fouls" only. The clock will start again when the referee hands the ball to the player shooting for the second shot.
8. For Girls age 9-11 and Boys 9-12- Backcourt pressure for the final 2 minutes of the game only.
PLAYING TIME RULES
1. Shift changes will occur at the 5 minute mark of each half. At the 5 minute mark of each half (15, 10, 5), the clock will stop while play may continue until the ref stops play at the "appropriate" time.
2. At each shift change, ALL players on the bench must come into the game.
3. Coaches will have the ability to modify their shifts at halftime only.
4. No player will be allowed to play more that 2 shifts in a row (except if you have seven players or less, than no player will be allowed to play more than 3 shifts in a row)
5. Special or non-shift subs will be allowed for injury only. There is no consideration for such situations as foul trouble, etc.
Scoring and Timing: Each team is required to provide a scorer/timer for each game at the table.
Scores must be reported by winning team coach to www.eghoops.com
SPORTSMANSHIP RULES APPLY! THE LEAGUE HAS A NO TOLERANCE RULE FOR PLAYERS, COACHES, AND FANS. THE EXECUTIVE BOARD SHALL TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION WHEN REPORTED.